Technical information about
OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
Air leakage and air infiltration can be serious problems for maintaining the temperature inside your property. If air flow through your roof is poorly controlled then heat will be lost from, and cold air introduced into, your property; this will result in excess heating being necessary which will increase your heating bills. Research has indicated this is a significant problem, with around 40% of wasted energy from homes being due to air infiltration.
The polyurethane spray foam insulation provided by Permaseal creates an effective barrier for airflow through your roof, as well as providing the resultant benefits of weatherproofing, stopping pests and reducing moisture build up. This high-performance insulator will greatly increase the thermal performance of your roof and could save you as much as 40% off your heating bill.
The performance of polyurethane spray foam insulation can be quantified using the ‘U’ value measurement. ‘U’ values are an indicator of the amount of heat loss a material will enable. Therefore, a material with a high ‘U’ value is a poor insulator, and one with a low ‘U’ value signifies a good insulator. Different ‘U’ values can be achieved with the same material by installing different levels of thickness. For new build properties, the insulation is required to have a ‘U’ value of at least .2 – this can be achieved with approximately 125mm of spray foam.
The superior performance of spray foam insulation, compared to alternative materials, can be highlighted by looking at their ‘U’ values. To achieve the same ‘U’ value as 40mm of spray foam insulation, you would need approximately:
- 64mm of polystyrene (60% increase)
- 72mm of mineral fibre (80% increase)
- 80mm of cork (100% increase)
- 88mm of cellular glass (120% increase)
Technical specifications of our polyurethane spray foam insulation:
- A compound made from equal parts isocyanate and resin
- 90% closed cell, semi-rigid polyurethane foam with outstanding compressive strength
- Spray applied, expanding and setting within seconds and cures within 24 hours of installing
- CFC and HCFC free, allowing an ozone depletion potential level of zero
- Service temperature range of -15℃ to 70℃
- Meets Part L of the Building Regulations Standards
- Meets Class 1 spread of fire categorisation (we can also can provide Pirthane spray foam which meets Class 0)
- Same breathability as timber meaning no extra moisture absorption for surrounding roof rafters
For more information about our roof stabilisation service, contact our friendly team today.
12 Reasons to consider Insulado’s Roof Renovation & Insulation solution
- Guaranteed savings, repayment on investment
- Energy efficient, providing a high level of insulation
- Increased roof stability – withstands gales & storms
- Prevents and eliminates condensation
- Maintenance free
- Prevents the need for re-roofing
- Provides dust and noise reduction
- Cooler in summer, warmer in winter
- Ensures cleaner and drier usable loft space
- Provides a seamless, airtight roof seal
- Can be applied to all types of roof structures
- 10 year insurance backed guarantee